Office Pro Plus Activation Errors
1. Close all Office applications.
3. Enter the following text at the command line then press Enter. Note: the first line is for 32-bit Office 2013, the second line is for 64-bit Office 2013, the third line is for 32-bit Office 2016, and the fourth line is for 64-bit Office 2016. If you are unsure of which bit version your Office is simply try the 32-bit version first and if an error occurs stating "The system cannot find the path specified." try the 64-bit version.
cd "%ProgramFiles(x86)%\Microsoft Office\Office15\"
cd "%ProgramFiles%\Microsoft Office\Office15\"
cd "%ProgramFiles(x86)%\Microsoft Office\Office16\"
cd "%ProgramFiles%\Microsoft Office\Office16\"
4. Enter the following text at the command line then press Enter: cscript ospp.vbs /act
You should see a notice that says "Product Activation Successful" as shown above. If the product activation fails you will need to close the command prompt window then run Word as administrator by right-clicking on Word 2013 or Word 2016 from the programs menu > click Run as Administrator > click Allow if any security prompts appear > return to step 1.
5. Clear the browsing history and cache by opening Internet Explorer then clicking the gear icon > Internet Options > under Browsing History click Delete > check the box for Preserve Favorites website data, Temporary Internet Files and website files, Cookies and website data, and History > click Delete.
6. Reset Internet Explorer settings by clicking on the Advanced tab in the Internet Options window > click Reset under Reset Internet Explorer Settings > click Reset again in the Reset Internet Explorer Settings window.
7. Close Internet Explorer and any other open programs then restart the machine.
8. Open any Office application to ensure the activation error message no longer appears. At this point Office Pro Plus should be successfully activated. If the activation error message still appears gather screen shots and further details so further troubleshooting can be performed.
9. Ensure that the computer is connected to the internet for several hours at least once every couple of weeks. This is the best way to ensure that Office Pro Plus stays activated and does not enter Reduced Functionality Mode.