How to Configure Exchange for Samsung Devices (Android 7.0 and higher)
This procedure is applicable for a Samsung Galaxy S6, S6 Edge, Note 5, S7, S7 Edge, S7 Active, Note 7, S8, Note 8, S9, S10, Note 10, or other Samsung devices running Android 7.0 (Nougat) or higher software versions including Android 8x (Oreo) and 9x (Pie).
Prior to starting this procedure, obtain your account-specific information from the Customer Portal according to the following article:
If an existing email account is configured on the mobile device that uses the same email address of the new account, please remove the existing email account prior to adding the new account.
To setup an Exchange email account using the Email app included on Samsung mobile devices take the following steps:
1. From the Home screen swipe down and tap the Settings gear icon.
2. Scroll down and tap Accounts and Backup.
3. Tap Accounts.
4. Tap Add and then select Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync.
- There is a separate option for "Exchange". That option also supports Exchange accounts, however it utilizes the Gmail app in place of Samsung's app "Email". If you prefer to sync your Exchange account with the Gmail application select "Exchange" and refer to the following guide:
How to Configure Exchange with Gmail for Android
Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync is identified as "Corporate" in the Email app (and on some other devices) as pictured here:
5. Enter your email address and account password then tap Sign in.
6. The device will attempt to retrieve the account settings automatically. If unsuccessful enter the account-specific settings when prompted. Confirm the settings entered and tap Next.
7. Tap Activate to activate the remote device administrator.
- This service is what the Exchange server uses to push security policies and wipe the device if your organization requires.
8. Review the default Sync Settings and make any changes as desired. Tap Done.
9. Give this account a name (optional) and tap Done.
10. Open the Email application. You may receive a notification to update security settings. If the notification displays, tap Accept to complete the account activation. Email will begin to arrive momentarily.