Sending as a Distribution Group
To send as a distribution group in Office 365 the admin will need to create a group and grant the user the necessary permissions.
Login to Admin Portal with admin account.
Exchange Admin Center
- Click groups from top menu.
- Click the + button and choose Distribution group.
New distribution group
- Type display name. This will be visible in admin portal when looking at address book. Its recommended you name it something you can easily recognize. Example username alias.
- Type alias
- Type desired alias email address
- Set owner. You can leave it as the admin or change it to another user.
- Add the the members you would like to be part of this groups distribution.
Click Save when finished.
Edit group settings
Double click on your new group.
- Click on delegation from menu on left.
- Click the + button under send as and add the user who you would like to be able to send as this group.
Click save when finished.
The group and the necessary permissions have been setup. The user will now be able to compose new emails messages and send as the group.
Enable show From field.
Outlook 2007, 2010 & 2013: Open new message, click on Options tab and In the Fields section click Show From.
- Click the From field drop down menu
- Select other email address..
- Click the From... button and select the Global Address List. Find the group you created and double click this group.
Click Ok when finished. You will see the alias address listed in the From field.
Compose and send your email from your alias address.